Are you scared of somebody? Are you being bullied?

Are you scared of somebody?

The biggest sign that you are being bullied is that you are scared of somebody. It could be a boy or girl at school, a teacher, an uncle or an older kid living in your area. It could even be your brother or sister.

Another sign is that bullying doesn’t happen just once. It usually happens again and again. This can make you feel scared and worried about where and when the bully will get you next, and what they will do to you.

Bullies can be any age, but are mostly older than you.

Bullies often pick on people they see as ‘different’ to them. It could be because of your religion, the colour of your skin or your hair, how you act or even the clothes you wear. It could just be that you’re new to the school or area and haven’t made friends yet. Many children get bullied, you’re not alone!

Bullies can hurt your body with fists or feet
Physical (body) bullying is when a bully may hit, kick or hurt you – or just say they are going to. They may steal from you, break your things or just hide your stuff. Or they may embarrass you and make you do something you don’t want to do. Boys use this way of bullying more than girls.

Bullies can hurt your feelings with words
Verbal (with words) bullying is when somebody calls you unkind names, says mean things to embarrass you or spreads bad stories about you or people that you care about. They may say that you can’t play with them – or they could just ignore you. Girls use this way of bullying more than boys.

A teacher can also bully

If the bully is a teacher, the teacher may call you out and shame you in front of others. The teacher may call you a horrible name, make fun of you, or make you do something embarrassing like ‘sit in the corner’ for one hour.

If the bully is your parent or caregiver, it is a serious problem. This is called child abuse because it’s the job of parents to protect their children.

If you are being bullied, get help by telling an adult who cares about you and can help you.

Likes

B-Wise User Anonymous 4 November 2018 17:31

Hi I am a 16 years old bisexual girl who is still in school (High School). I never enjoyed my primary school life because I was constantly bullied about my weight, my big breast and that has affected me throughout my life and it's still affecting me even now I really need some advice about how I should let go or forget about what happened to me because i have been depressed these past few months.

B-Wise Expert Expert 5 November 2018 12:02

Hi Thabsie, thank you for your question. Well done for wanting to get help, you can talk to a psychologist or a counsellor at your local clinic that will be able to help you. If you want to talk to someone over the phone you can check out this article to see where you can get the help you need Help & Support: Mental Health & Substance Abuse

B-Wise User kediemetsejessica584 21 August 2018 20:12

How do you destroy a bully

B-Wise Expert Expert 23 August 2018 05:11

Hi Anonymous, it can be really scary to be bullied. Often bullies want you to feel powerless, and they might threaten to hurt you if you tell someone. Remember you have the right to be protected from bullies. Tell an adult you trust, like a family member, teacher, nurse or counsellor. They can give you advice, guide you or report the bully if they need to. You can also call Childline on 08000 55555. Check out our article “What should I do if someone is threatening me or hurting me?” for more information.

B-Wise User katleho 27 June 2017 13:38

There is no adults trust me even my father.But any way tnx

B-Wise Expert Expert 20 April 2018 12:34

Hi there, it can be difficult to find someone that you can trust. Remember if you have questions you can always ask an expert on Bwisehealth.com

B-Wise User katleho 27 June 2017 13:36

Tnx it means a lot expect may god bless u

B-Wise Expert Expert 20 April 2018 12:31

Hi there, thank you for your feedback!

B-Wise User katleho 27 June 2017 13:26

Please kopa le nthuseng hleng?

B-Wise Expert Expert 20 April 2018 12:37

Hi there, your question has been answered.

B-Wise User katleho 27 June 2017 13:13

Pls guys right knw.pls

B-Wise Expert Expert 19 April 2018 18:10

Hi, Katleho. Here are numbers to the police:

Police emergency: 10111

Police (report a crime): 0860 010 111

Here is the number for Childline National Hotline: 08000 55555

Please speak to a trusted adult about this. Maybe they can help you.

B-Wise User katleho 27 June 2017 13:12

I think some is going to kill me in dead ad that guy is my brother.pls pls pls pls i need your help pls ps

B-Wise Expert Expert 27 June 2017 13:32

Hi, Katleho. Here are numbers to the police:

Police emergency: 10111

Police (report a crime): 0860 010 111

Here is the number for Childline National Hotline: 08000 55555

Please speak to a trusted adult about this. Maybe they can help you.

B-Wise User katleho 27 June 2017 13:09

Can i please have police number ad care center numbers?i am not felling well at this houses?

B-Wise Expert Expert 19 April 2018 18:09

Hi, Katleho. Here are numbers to the police:

Police emergency: 10111

Police (report a crime): 0860 010 111

Here is the number for Childline National Hotline: 08000 55555

Please speak to a trusted adult about this. Maybe they can help you.

B-Wise User katleho 26 June 2017 23:28

Even right knw she is steal use valgur language ?

B-Wise Expert Expert 19 April 2018 18:12

B-Wise User katleho 26 June 2017 23:28

My aunty is not a drunker but steal she always tell me bad thing about my mother.And she always tells me how iam in people she is always in my neck.how can i avoid her for dat pls pls help me?

B-Wise Expert Expert 30 June 2017 18:09

Hi, Katleho. It is sad that your aunt is choosing to behave in such a disappointing and hurtful way.  You are right to feel upset about it and want to avoid her.  Are you able to avoid her?  In other words, do you live with your aunt or not?  If you don’t, it is a little easier.  If you can gather up enough courage, just tell her that it is hurtful to you to hear her speaking badly about your mother.  If you do live with your aunt, you can still tell her this but it also sounds like being around her makes you unhappy.  Just remember what your aunt says is not your fault - it is her choice to say what she wants - it is very hard to change people’s bad behaviour.  If you feel unsafe and if your aunt threatens you directly, there are people you can speak to get help.  Childline is a free number on 0800055555 and there are people there who can help you.

B-Wise User slender 26 June 2017 00:20

Why do they tell you that your mother don't want u bt steal u steal visit her?

B-Wise Expert Expert 20 April 2018 12:25

Hi there, maybe you should try talking to your mother and tell her the truth.

B-Wise User Sianne 4 March 2017 10:42

This is very helpful information. I am sure other people will think so

B-Wise Expert Expert 20 April 2018 12:16

Hi there, thank you for your feedback

B-Wise User Reabetswe 14 September 2015 21:01

When they call you names is it also called bullying?

B-Wise Expert Expert 20 April 2018 15:54

Hi.

Yes it is also bullying if people call you names