Bullies: Spot them. Stop them.

How to deal with a bully

It’s not easy to deal with a bully. You need to be smart and stay strong. You may have to try a few tricks to see which ones work best.

Report the bully

Tell an adult you trust about the bullying. If you don’t tell an adult and get help, the bullying may get worse. Adults can find ways to help without the bully finding out that you told someone what they are doing to you.

Walk away

Bullies want to scare you. You may be very scared inside, but try to act as if you don’t care. Try not to cry even if you are scared. Don’t get angry or fight back. Breathe deeply and stay calm. Walk away or pretend you don’t care. If they think you are no longer scared, you may not be so interesting to them anymore.

Take away the thing they want

Are they taking your money, your lunch or your phone? Try and leave these things at home so they don’t have a reason to pick on you.

Avoid them

Stick close to your friends and try not to let a bully find you alone. Bullies hide what they do. Most bullying happens when you’re alone and others can’t see like in the toilet or on the way home from school.

Get away

If you can’t avoid them but are being hurt, then protect yourself so you can get away from them as soon as possible.

Keep on telling

Keep telling a trusted adult each and every time the bullying happens until it stops. Don’t give up until someone helps you!

Likes

B-Wise User Anonymous 27 May 2020 22:27

Hi lately i had a fight i didn't mean to fight her mara she force me too .....so she is at hospital and am scared bcz bad things could happen to her and am also in danger......bt for this information you gave me i will try to use it

B-Wise User *Cookie Baker* 12 May 2020 23:56

So..here this ppl well let's say my neighbors nd they always talking bad about me nd laughing at me I told an adult nd they trying to talk to their parents but like I DNT want to fight these ppl cuz they jxt want to fight why must I do?

B-Wise Expert Expert 13 May 2020 12:03

Please use the contact information below to talk to a counselor who can give you advice:

Get in touch with LoveLife's Contact Centre on 0800 121 900 or send a PLZ CAL ME to 083 323 1023

B-Wise User Jacket 15 April 2020 18:36

Um a teenager, lately I have been horny an I have high sex drive wat must I do

B-Wise Expert Expert 16 April 2020 11:58

It is very normal to have a high sex drive as a teenager. Your body is still trying to work out the hormones. I would recommend that maybe you look into masturbating or playing with yourself. Read more on it here: https://bwisehealth.com/article/masturbation-and-orgasm-touch-play

B-Wise User Anonymous 31 March 2020 11:54

What if um being bullied ,and an adult doesn't do anything..what happens next?

B-Wise Expert Expert 6 April 2020 16:22

Hi There,

You can look for another adult you trust like your teacher or parent. Also, stand up for yourself, let the bully know that you will report him or her

B-Wise User Anonymous 26 June 2018 19:00

Is it right to fight back?

B-Wise Expert Expert 5 July 2018 18:40

Hi anonymous, two wrongs don’t make a right, this is how you can learn how to forgive http://ow.ly/ydpJ30kOyjt

If someone is hurting you, bulling or abusing you, you should report this to an adult you trust. Learn about abuse here http://ow.ly/zWl030kOygi

B-Wise User Kenneth 20 May 2018 12:29

How do you know when you are being bullied?

B-Wise Expert Expert 28 May 2018 10:12

Hi Anonymous. You can find your answer by reading our article Are you scared of somebody are you being bullied? You can also check out our Bullying Section for more information.

B-Wise User Anonymous 19 October 2017 22:55

I skip my classess because of children fighting with me. I dont looking forward to attend. How can i handle the situation

B-Wise Expert Expert 22 October 2017 17:41

1.       Hi Anonymous, thank you for your question. You seem to be in a very difficult situation. Skipping classes is not usually a good idea because you miss out on important school work and you could fall behind. You have the right to an education and nothing should stop you from getting a good education. If other children are bullying you, get help. If you are fighting a lot too, it may be time to try a different approach like walking away or not reacting. It would be best to speak to a trusted adult or a teacher about your situation as they may be able to help you or advise you. Try some of the ideas in this article, and read our article “Are you scared of somebody? Are you being bullied?” for more.