Child Protection, you are not alone

Children can be harmed in so many ways since they cannot always protect themselves. They can be abused emotionally, physically or sexually. And harm is usually done by trusted adults or even older children; they may offer you money or things to keep quiet. Sometimes they might even threaten to hurt you or your loved ones if you speak up.

The best thing to do if you are in this situation is to talk to a trusted adult.

If you don't have a trusted adult or unsure who you can trust, you can contact:

• Childline 08000 55 555 is an organisation that aims to protect children's rights.

• Department of Social Development also protects children who are abused. Talk to a social worker, a community worker or report to the nearest Social Development Office. A social worker will handle your case and find the best solution for you.

Remember, you don't have to keep quiet when you are being abused. It doesn't have to be a secret. Try to talk to a trusted adult, call a helpline or visit your local clinic or hospital to talk to a social worker.

Add a Comment/Question
You need to be signed in to add a comment or like an article.