For anyone thinking about suicide…

If you are thinking about killing yourself, it means you are in a huge amount of pain. It probably feels unbearable. Maybe you are angry. Maybe you just want the pain to end. You feel like you can’t take it anymore.

When we feel really desperate, we don’t see the all options we have. At this point, suicide might feel like the best, or even the only, option.

But suicide is never the only option.

If you’re reading this, it means there is a part of you that wants to live. There’s a part of you that has hope for yourself and your future.

The truth is, suicide is only one way to solve the problem. And if you take that option, you won’t get to try any other option in the future. You won’t be able to change your mind later. Suicide is permanent. And even though your pain right now might feel like it will never end, it can.

If you’re thinking about suicide and the thoughts and feelings won’t go away, get help. You are valuable and important. You have a future ahead of you and people who care about you (even if it doesn’t feel like it).

Tell someone.

It often feels better when you talk about it. And telling someone can help you to see other options and possibilities. Tell a friend or a trusted adult, or call Lifeline on 0861 322 322 or the Suicide Crisis Line on 0800 567 567 (or SMS 31393). Read our article “Having thoughts about killing yourself?” to know more.

Likes

B-Wise User Timeka Meyer 11 August 2020 12:34

Is it normal to commit suicide after a break up.

B-Wise Expert Expert 11 August 2020 13:51

It is normal to be heart broken but suicide is not the solution.

Read this: https://bwisehealth.com/article/how-to-deal-with-a-breakup

B-Wise User Anonymous 8 August 2020 20:59

Hi I'm a 27year old woman with a child of 8 years old his very smart and knows a lot ....... Since 2012 I lost the only person I saw as my dad bcoz my biological father was never around.....my baby was born and a month later I lost my dad and two months down the line I got put out of the house with my baby honestly felt like killing myself I didnt wana be alive ..... In 2013 I started working at a store and never had a matric I still don't but the year after that I lost my baby brother in 2014 which was my everything I loved him and still do with all my heart I fell into deep depression after he passed but I managed to get out of it but I am writing bcoz my life doesnt seem to be coming right I'm working at the moment but don't have anywhere to stay and don't get paid enough to get a place of my own and I have a bf that loves and cares for me but we cant stay together his also not working his not finding a job and his got alot of depression and anxiety as do I I just want us to be okay to see and speak to someone who can help at the moment I don't stay with a very forgiving or even giving person he is the meanest and most evil family member I have ever seen he cuts electricity and water I sleep on the floor in an empty and cold back space and have no food barely money for transport to get to work as I just went back after the lockdown my life feels like a mess please help

B-Wise Expert Expert 11 August 2020 12:25

I am so sorry to hear this is happening to you.

Please Use the contact information below to talk to a counselor who can give you advice:

Get in touch with LoveLife's Contact Centre on 0800 121 900 or send a PLZ CAL ME to 083 323 1023

B-Wise User Anonymous 17 July 2020 21:25

Hy I'm tired of living I feel like to commit succide I'm overwhelmed

B-Wise Expert Expert 21 July 2020 17:50

B-Wise User Anonymous 16 July 2020 00:07

My life is the worst... I lost the love of my life cause of our age difference... my father passed away and my role model... I found out I was illegitimate and I am just not being treated like someone who deserves this life.. help please

B-Wise Expert Expert 17 July 2020 15:29

B-Wise User xxdeadmanxx 11 July 2020 14:04

Hi plz help me I have extreme amount of anger an can't seem to stop cutting is there an alternative solution of getting the anger out psychically without hurting myself and others

B-Wise Expert Expert 13 July 2020 13:51

You need to find someone that you can trust and ask for help. You can also approach a social worker through the clinic to get someone to talk to.

B-Wise User Anonymous 9 July 2020 23:55

What if I don't have enyone to talk to or anyone I cn trust

B-Wise Expert Expert 10 July 2020 12:12

If you don't have anyone you trust then use the contact information below to talk to a counselor who can give you advice:

B-Wise User Zakeerah theron 7 July 2020 19:04

Hi how do u get rid of a burn mark on ur face(if u burn with warm water when u where younger) pls help it affect my self-esteem bcz children make fun of me and what hair products can u use to make it soft , smooth and silky.

B-Wise Expert Expert 8 July 2020 17:19

I recommend you go to the doctor or clinic and ask to be referred to a dermatologist which is a skin doctor.

B-Wise User Baurndier 3 July 2020 21:23

I'm a 16 year old grl and I trust no one with my problems ,so when I feel like killing myself I just pray , at least god is the only one I can talk too

B-Wise Expert Expert 4 July 2020 17:12

B-Wise User STATSMAN 29 June 2020 11:43

What's the real reason to be still alive when you lost everything important in your life,only that because you can't find a job.please help before I do something stupid again

B-Wise Expert Expert 29 June 2020 13:13

I'm so so sorry that you are going through such a tough time. Life is so hard sometimes but hurting yourself in any way won't solve the problem. You may have lost important things but remember that you are here for a reason and although it doesn't look like it right now, things are going to improve. Please call Lifeline on 0861 322 322 or whatsapp them on 065 989 9238

or the South African depression and anxiety group on 0800 21 22 23 or 0800 456 789 (24Hrs)

B-Wise User Anonymous 20 June 2020 11:15

Hi I was in a relationship for more than 8 years we have kids and I was bulling him a lot,now he told me we are done and does not love me anymore. I want to end my life thinking we did good things together he loved flatting with women to much and I hate that and he love his friends more than me ,how do I become a single mom and move on but its hurts a lot ,help

B-Wise Expert Expert 22 June 2020 14:41

Please use the contact information below to talk to a counselor who can give you advice:

B-Wise User Katelynp 3 June 2020 22:52

What can i do that one girl i know is on drugs and her whole family also and she is also cutting herself???

B-Wise Expert Expert 4 June 2020 11:56

Share this information below with the girl. Also help her to talk to a social worker.

B-Wise User Anonymous 26 May 2020 20:33

Hi, pls help.I don't know what to do,my brother and cousin are ganging up on me,they make me feel unwanted and always try to blame me I thought of killing myself a lot of times,but couldn't find some pills to do so. Right now I'm in desperate need of help

B-Wise Expert Expert 27 May 2020 16:02

Hi There,

What your brother and cousin are doing is bullying,

What you can do if you are being bullied?

·         Tell a trusted adult

·         Respond to the bully firmly and confidently

·         Walk away

·         Surround yourself with supportive friends

·         If you can, avoid going to places where you are usually bullied

For more information on bullying, check out our section “Your Peeps: Bullying” on B-Wise.

B-Wise User Anonymous 25 May 2020 00:39

Please help My parents broke up and now im staying with cheating dad and his girlfriend.I feel like im betraying my mom and she is my everything.my world.she picks me up everytime i fall down.I wanna go live with her but unfortunately im still in my dads care.The guilt is building up each day and i cant take it anymore.i miss my lifelong friends,my family and my mom.What should i do?

B-Wise Expert Expert 25 May 2020 16:51

B-Wise User Nainah 23 May 2020 14:33

They chased me out of their house today can someone help me with a place to stay plzð???ð???ð???ð???ð???ð???ð??¢ð??¢ð??¢ð??¢ð??¢ð??¢ð??¢ð??¢ð??¢ð??¢ð??¢ð??¢ð??­ð??­ð??­ð??­ð??­ð??­ð??­ð??­ð??­ð??­ð??­ð??­ð??­ð??­ð??­

B-Wise Expert Expert 24 May 2020 12:32

B-Wise Expert Expert 24 May 2020 12:32

B-Wise User Troops 23 May 2020 09:56

Troops What Can I do because my sister treat me like different to massages she want me to massage get on back,feets and breast. Like why me and why now. Can everyone hel331p me ASAP

B-Wise Expert Expert 24 May 2020 12:22

B-Wise User Nainah 21 May 2020 13:41

At home they treat me like a stranger ..they buy junk for themselves ..and share with their children an friends in front of me and they cant even say here is the small peace ..but they leave their children to stay with me while they at work ...should i leave tht house or kill my self ....i cant live in this world

B-Wise Expert Expert 21 May 2020 17:40

Hello there,

B-Wise User Nainah 18 May 2020 17:18

My boyfriend is always fighting with me .and threatening me about taking my daughter away from me ..his a bully .and i cant even talk to my parents because they love my elder sister because she earn lot of money plz help me.tell me what to do .because i almost killed me and my daughter

B-Wise Expert Expert 18 May 2020 18:57

B-Wise User Anonymous 18 May 2020 00:44

Hey ... I want to report a case of a child being molested and don't know what to do what to say where to go ... Neeeed help urgently please...

B-Wise Expert Expert 18 May 2020 13:19

Please see contact numbers below:

Childline 08000 55 555 is an organisation that aims to protect children's rights.

• Department of Social Development also protects children who are abused. Talk to a social worker, a community worker or report to the nearest Social Development Office. A social worker will handle your case and find the best solution for you.

B-Wise User Anonymous 20 April 2020 17:04

I'm so Hurt, last Of last Year 2018 I was Drug and in the Morning I felt some pains in my Anus, I thought a pain will go, when I go to the toilet, I was bleeding... I called a person that I visited..... And I said "I'm going to report you to the police that you raped me" luckily my plan worked and he started to ask forgiveness..... I was Negative checking each and every after 3 months.... Then after that Raping thing after 3 months I was tested Positive.... I overdosed Pillis then luckily they saw me at home took me to hospital.... After hospital I called the guy telling him... He admitted that he is HIV+ and he said he will give me R1500 every month not to report him.... I'm not working, trying to fix my Matric so I agreed.... And now he stop giving me.... I'm struggling to take Medication I don't have food and still I'm still shy with this Thing of HIV+ at my age.... Please help me

B-Wise Expert Expert 20 April 2020 18:33

You need to report that you have been raped and infected with HIV to be the police. The person must get arrested for doing this to you.

Please go to the clinic and tell them about your medication and your condition. Also call a counselor on one of the links here: https://bwisehealth.com/article/help-support-mental-health-substance-abuse so that you can talk to someone and not feel alone.

B-Wise User Anonymous 7 April 2020 21:33

Im so tressed and I'm about to take my life because of a friend who took my fience and they still in front of I'm always seeng them .i think I experiencing depression plzz give me advise .

B-Wise Expert Expert 9 April 2020 14:07

I'm so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Please reach out to Love Life on 0800 121 900 to talk to someone who can give you advice.

I know it really hurts right now and feels like the pain won't end but things will get better. You deserve someone who will love you honestly and that person will come, be patient.

B-Wise User Anonymous 6 April 2020 16:26

But why does a person have to undergo so much pain in ones life

B-Wise Expert Expert 8 April 2020 16:47

Hello.

This is very difficult because everyone goes through different pain.

If you want to talk to someone who can help, please read this link: https://bwisehealth.com/article/help-support-mental-health-substance-abuse

or contact:

B-Wise User Shaynah 6 April 2020 16:23

But why suicidw

B-Wise Expert Expert 8 April 2020 16:46

There are a lot of people who are living in very tough environments or going through so much. That's why they might think of suicide. Our job is to help them to keep living.