I failed matric. What do I do now?

Failing matric is not an easy experience to go through.

You might be asking yourself, ''Where did I go wrong?" Well, it is important to know that your life is far from over and that failing can happen to anyone. There are still many opportunities available for you to improve your results.

Options that you can consider:

· Remarking your exam: If you feel your exam was not marked properly and you are unsatisfied with your results, you can have your papers re-marked.

· Rewrite your matric: You can register to write a supplementary exam where you only write the subjects you have failed.

· Register to repeat matric: This will mean you will repeat all the subjects you did in the past year and you will have another opportunity to prepare yourself so you can get better results.

· Further Education and Training (FET) and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET): These colleges can offer a number of work related courses which can help you get a job, or even teach you how to start a business. You can find a list of FET colleges here and more information here.

The Department of Basic Education also has a program called the Second Chance Programme: Giving you another chance at Success! This can help students wanting to improve their matric results. Click here to find more information.

Likes

B-Wise User Mahlohonolo 26 May 2020 23:25

Failing is a something to show that you are really trying so don't beat yourself around thinking you will be a laughing stock many people fail matirc but they also try again

B-Wise User Anonymous 26 May 2020 21:49

I failed matric in 2004 and never completed please tell me what I can do to complete my matric I'm not even sure what subjects I had or failed

B-Wise Expert Expert 28 May 2020 08:02

Failing matric is not an easy experience to go through.

Options that you can consider:

· Remarking your exam: If you feel your exam was not marked properly and you are unsatisfied with your results, you can have your papers re-marked.

· Further Education and Training (FET) and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET): These colleges can offer a number of work related courses which can help you get a job, or even teach you how to start a business. You can find a list of FET colleges here and more information here.

The Department of Basic Education also has a program called the Second Chance Programme: Giving you another chance at Success! This can help students wanting to improve their matric results. Click here to find more information.

B-Wise User Anonymous 12 May 2020 14:06

Hy l passed my matric last year bt i didn't fetch my statement n certificate wat should I do plz help

B-Wise Expert Expert 14 May 2020 15:40

You can check with your school if they kept it or they can go to DBE and ask for a reprint.

B-Wise User Selfthandaring 12 May 2020 08:41

Hy there I did level 4 at abet,so I want to know if I can qualify to further my studies? Please help

B-Wise Expert Expert 12 May 2020 11:25

Please contact the NYDA who will give you advice. http://www.nyda.gov.za/

B-Wise User Anonymous 10 May 2020 14:11

Can u get a job without having an ID bt u hv matric

B-Wise Expert Expert 10 May 2020 14:50

You need to have an ID. Please contact Home Affairs.

B-Wise User Lopy 16 April 2020 17:49

Can I get a job without matric

B-Wise Expert Expert 17 April 2020 16:06

Yes you can get a job without a matric but it is very difficult. Many people without a matric go for years without finding a job because they don't qualify for most jobs.

B-Wise User Anonymous 9 April 2020 22:56

When I failed matric I will learn harder and harder

B-Wise Expert Expert 11 April 2020 15:40

Yes, it's good to focus and work hard until you are successful.

B-Wise User Love 2 March 2019 13:48

I have repeated matrix twice but now I give up

B-Wise Expert Expert 5 March 2019 11:21

Hi there, don't give up! Here are a few reasons why school is so incredibly important to your future success https://bwisehealth.com/article/going-to-school-is-the-key-to-success

B-Wise User Siyandile 8 October 2018 16:19

I felt like I could kill myself when I failed my matric but my mother motivated me to be myself and it's not the end of the world. 2014 wasn't my year but I realised after I realise that life isn't end of it when you fail matric.

B-Wise Expert Expert 8 October 2018 16:46

Hi Siyandile, thank your for sharing your story with us. We’re glad your mom was able to give you good advice. Failing matric is not the end of the world and doesn’t mean you don’t have what it takes to succeed; it just means you have to try a different approach. It also means you have a chance to try again or try something new.

B-Wise User Anonymous 4 December 2017 15:42

hi I failed matric in 2012 and I am interested in writing the subjects I failed;the problem is that I've lost my statement.what can I do?

B-Wise Expert Expert 7 April 2018 19:38

Hi there, check out this second chance programme all rewrite information here