My friends are bullying me, but I don't want to lose them…

Your friends are people you should be able to depend on: those you can count on for a good laugh or a shoulder to cry on. In life there are sometimes differences and misunderstandings, even with our friends. We can’t always avoid it! But there’s a difference between having an argument and being bullied. Here are signs that your friends are bullying you:

• They call you names
  • Spreading rumours about you. They discredit you or start spreading lies about you
  • Friends become bullies when they embarrass or humiliate you. They might criticise you a lot and make you feel small
  • You can’t trust them. They reveal your secrets to other people
  • You get into physical fights with them

Friendship should benefit both of you, and no one in your life should take you for granted or take advantage of you. Not everyone you become friends with is meant to be your friend forever. And when your “friend” is purposely trying to hurt you and make you unhappy, it’s time to let them go.

What you can do if you are being bullied?

·         Tell a trusted adult

·         Respond to the bully firmly and confidently

·         Walk away

·         Surround yourself with supportive friends

·         If you can, avoid going to places where you are usually bullied

For more information on bullying, check out our section “Your Peeps: Bullying” on B-Wise.

Likes

B-Wise User Angiebotha@gemail.com 3 July 2020 21:31

Hi my friends in my class is bylling me about how I look and let hirds me

B-Wise Expert Expert 4 July 2020 17:12

Read this article: https://bwisehealth.com/article/bullies-spot-them-stop-them

B-Wise User Anonymous 30 June 2020 22:21

I don't know if I should call this billing too, but I have been having some tough time with my mom then I thought it would be better if I speak out my problems to my friend. It turns out she's not a good friend because now she wants to post everything I used to tell her on social media and I am afraid this could make things worse for me and my mom please help guys how do I stop her. Because if my mom could now that I have telling people family issues, I know her she will even kick me out of her house

B-Wise Expert Expert 1 July 2020 10:34

Please use the contact information below to talk to a counselor who can give you advice:

Get in touch with LoveLife's Contact Centre on 0800 121 900 or send a PLZ CAL ME to 083 323 1023

You can also whatsapp Life Line at 065 989 9238

B-Wise User Anonymous 28 June 2020 11:01

Hi my friend only swears me and she said if I tell añyone she would hurt me

B-Wise Expert Expert 28 June 2020 16:43

Hello

Use the contact information below to talk to a counselor who can give you advice:

You can also whatsapp Life Line at 065 989 9238

B-Wise User Anonymous 23 June 2020 21:28

Hi I have a friend that really cares about me and supports me everytime but she is moving away soon and all my other friends spread untrue rumours about me but don't want to lose them Please help

B-Wise Expert Expert 24 June 2020 15:03

Hi,

You can also whatsapp Life Line at 065 989 9238

B-Wise User Anonymous 16 June 2020 15:19

Hy doc,I have 3 friends who always pressure me to be mean to this one girl but I don't want to do it ....they said if I don't do it,it means I am not their friend .....I don't want to lose them

B-Wise Expert Expert 17 June 2020 11:34

Read this: https://bwisehealth.com/article/are-you-scared-of-somebody-are-you-being-bullied

B-Wise User Black Girl 8 June 2020 22:28

Hi doc,wat should I do if one of my classmate who makes a comment which disterbs me alot .

B-Wise Expert Expert 9 June 2020 12:14

You need to talk to an adult that you trust and tell them what is happening. Either a teacher or someone else older

B-Wise User Black Girl 7 June 2020 19:22

My best friend only used me for food , I HV been wth her for 2 years . She went play other popular girls and she spreads lies about me . What should I do pls help?

B-Wise Expert Expert 8 June 2020 15:36

You can also whatsapp Life Line at 065 989 9238

B-Wise User Anonymous 26 May 2020 23:27

U need to lose them bcz they bad for you if u were lucky to find the fake one then u r lucky to find good n kind frnds

B-Wise User Anonymous 19 April 2020 13:35

I have no true friends the only true friend I had has moved from my place Now I have friends who judge me and look down on me It upsets me plz help

B-Wise Expert Expert 21 April 2020 13:47

Please reach out to counselors through the numbers on this link: https://bwisehealth.com/article/help-support-mental-health-substance-abuse

B-Wise User Anonymous 15 April 2020 23:51

I have two friends when I with them I'm happy

B-Wise Expert Expert 16 April 2020 13:01

Hey,

That is very good to hear. Take care of each other.

B-Wise User Elarchia 9 April 2020 19:40

It's not so easy to till them so what do I do and it will get down the road

B-Wise Expert Expert 11 April 2020 15:32

If you are not able to tell them then I would recommend that you talk to someone you trust like a teacher or parent to help you sit down with them and tell them to stop.

B-Wise User King mhosha 8 April 2020 13:59

B-Wise Expert Expert 9 April 2020 14:39

We are so glad our advice could help.

B-Wise User Mpho Hope 31 March 2020 11:34

What will I do if my friend spread lies about me to my new friends and classmates?

B-Wise Expert Expert 1 April 2020 11:18

There is truth to the saying, “Show me your friends and I will show you your future.” Having friends is an important part of our lives. The friends we keep have a strong influence on the kind of life we live.

Most of the time we might be so happy to have a group of friends that we don’t take the time to really look at what type of people they are.   Are they supporting us or are they holding us back? Are they influencing us to make bad decisions? Do they sit back when we are facing difficult life problems, or do they help us out?

Here are signs your friends may be bad for you:

• They always criticise you
  • You always worry if your friend will approve of you
  • They make fun of you frequently
  • They bully you and make you do things you not comfortable doing
  • You don’t trust them

If your friend fits any of these, maybe it’s time to think about how important this friend is to you – and how important you are to them. Our friends are supposed to support us in good and bad times. They treat us with respect and they spend time with us even if we may like different things. They will tell you the truth no matter how hard it may be. Having good friends is also good for your health.

B-Wise User Anonymous 20 March 2020 21:38

What if I've been with my friends for 3years and I've told them about this but they refuse to listen

B-Wise Expert Expert 23 March 2020 13:46

friends who do not respect you as your friend and don't make you happy don't deserve to be your friends. You do not need toxic people in your life. You can find new friends who will appreciate your friendship

B-Wise User Anonymous 11 February 2020 13:43

My viral load is 0,600 and copies 1,6-7

B-Wise Expert Expert 13 February 2020 14:58

Hello there,

Your viral load should be below 1000 copies, this means that your viral load is suppressed and that is the main aim of ARV treatment.

Please visit the clinic and your nurse/doctor will be able to explain to you what your results mean.

B-Wise User Anonymous 20 May 2018 12:34

How do I know if I am being bullied?

B-Wise Expert Expert 28 May 2018 10:30

Hi Anonymous. You can find your answer by reading our article Are you scared of somebody are you being bullied? You can also check out our Bullying Section for more information.