Ways to flatten your belly

Getting a flatter belly doesn’t have to be that hard… as long as it’s part of a healthy eating and exercise plan. The tips below can help you get fit and also improve your well-being.

Here is how you can go about doing it…

·         Reduce bloating (this is when your stomach becomes swollen with fluid or gas). The best way to do this is to try eat fewer dairy products (e.g. milk and cheese) and fewer grain-based foods (e.g. bread and cereals).

·         Eat slowly. This will help to prevent you from swallowing air.

·         Cut out fizzy drinks.

·         Eat less salt. Salt makes you store more water in your body.

·         Don’t chew gum. Chewing gum makes you swallow air, and that gets trapped in your stomach, which can cause bloating.

·         Eat regularly: Long gaps between meals can will make bloating worse.

Some exercises can help tone the belly too. Try sit ups: Lie on your back holding your hands behind your head. Your knees have to be bent, and make sure that your feet stay flat on the floor. Slowly lift up your shoulders and upper body, hold for a few seconds, and then lie back on the floor again. Do this for 10-15 minutes a few times a week.

For more on how to get your body moving, see Exercise is smart: How much do you need?

Likes

B-Wise User Nonkanyiso Nonka Xaba 1 June 2020 21:19

Hi am a 11 yrs am a grl I want to have a figure and flat stomach plz help

B-Wise Expert Expert 2 June 2020 14:53

You are still very young. Your body is going to change a lot in the next few years so be patient.

B-Wise User Anonymous 20 April 2020 15:17

My stomach is feeling bloated ð??£ wat is the cause of this I jus had a cup of tea 1 slice of whole wheat bread and few biscuits wit cheese on I'm tryin to loose weight aswell I would like u to help me doc Then lastly thnx for the informative information you guys assit us wit on B wise we as youth have questions everyday and we cannot run to any1 so I'm glad for the initiative that was brought our way. I'm a new member on B wise and so far I hve learnt alt Thnx

B-Wise Expert Expert 20 April 2020 18:26

Bloating can be caused by many things but I recommend that you drink a lot of water, 2 litres everyday as that will help. Also write down all the food you eat so you can see which ones may be making you feel bloated.

B-Wise User Meera 26 March 2020 00:51

Dear Proffesional, I am a 14 year old male. I want to get slim and trim. But what foods do i eat and what exercise should i do. I cant always trust youtube and google as some fools tutor how to lose 10 kilos over night. Ofcourse thats not possible. So please tell me the foods to eat, exercises to do and all other neccesities... thanks

B-Wise Expert Expert 26 March 2020 13:14

Hello Meera,

Read more in the get fit sectionhttps://bwisehealth.com/category/get-fit on how to get all the things you want. Good Luck

B-Wise User Mbali232 15 June 2018 12:07

Why does it hurt after you have done sit ups and how many of those do you have to do until you have a flat belly

B-Wise Expert Expert 15 June 2018 16:55

Hi Anonymous. Thank you for your question and sorry to hear you’re feeling this way. If you overwork your body, you might cause a slight tear to the muscles. Cramps are also very common with sit ups if you are dehydrated and not warming up and stretching before doing them. Make sure you drink just enough water and give yourself time to warm up before doing sit ups. Eating too much just before doing sit ups can also cause pain.

Get plenty of rest to ease the pain and you can also massage the affected area to help get rid of the pain. If the pain does not get better, it’s best you visit your nearest clinic to get the medical attention you need. You can find your nearest health clinic here. Just doing sit ups alone won’t give you a flat tummy. It’s important to also have a healthy diet to reduce fat from your body and to do other exercises. You can read our articles from our Know Your Body section for more information.